If you’re a part of the thriving Kelowna business community and have been following along with us through our last few seasons, you’ll know about two and a half years ago Kelowna Women in Business went through a major digital rebrand and organizational re-structuring. As is common with not-for-profit organizations, new faces and ideas in leadership roles are a crucial piece of the pie that allows a group to continue to grow and thrive over time.
To all the women who have come before and with us – especially Tina, Rachelle, Rebecca, Kaylin, Caia, Carlee, Megan, and Treena – and volunteered their time and vision to help make KWIB the community pillar for women in business it is today, we thank you with immense gratitude and appreciation; because of you we are able to continue to impact the local business community and connect the women of Kelowna like we do!
Volunteering, for many, is always more about what you give than what you get back. And for many of the KWIB Board of Directors, volunteering is way more about the personal and collective satisfaction of bringing people together, connecting young professionals with local female leaders, educating, giving back, and continuing to lay an inspiring and stable foundation as a team that honors the women in Kelowna for years to come.
We thank our Members and guests throughout the years who continue to support the KWIB MANDATE
and are the reason we strive to improve our events and experiences each season!
We’re about to enter our 27th KWIB season – incredible! – and we have some exciting NEW announcements and initiatives in the works for our 2019/2020 Season… stay tuned for upcoming events and news as we get closer to our September 11th welcome back and kick-off event…
It’s been a busy year, and we have some exciting stats to share with you – in the past 10 months, Kelowna Women in Business has:
- Registered close to 50 new KWIB memberships
- Hosted 6 Regular evening events, 2 Special events, 2 Member business pop-up’s, 12 Coffee ‘N Collabs
- Welcomed over 280 non-members at our events
- Partnered with Women’s Enterprise Centre for upcoming educational workshops
- Grown our audience on Instagram to 2947, and Facebook to 1882
- Created a Mentor At Large executive position for leadership collaboration and guidance
- Awarded one Young Woman in Education Bursary
- Raised thousands of dollars for our Charity Affiliate of the season: Etcetera Youth Kelowna
- Congratulated many KWIB Members on impressive local/national achievements, and on becoming recipients of various Best Of Kelowna annual awards
- Been invited to contribute at several round-table leadership discussions within the city
- Has welcomed 5 new women to the KWIB Board of Directors, assuming their roles this summer
The year has flown by, and we’re now putting the final touches on our strategic plan for next season
We wish everyone a wonderful summer, and will be back in full-force come September to welcome back and kick-off our new year of events, opportunities, and NEW initiatives!